Friday, May 23, 2008

Ulm with Wei Chung and Vincent

I went to Ulm yesterday, to meet up with Wei Chung and Vincent. N they became my tour guide of the day! I took a train from Esslingen (Neckar) to Ulm Hbf, and it costed me ken 14.60 euros. Expensive gila!

I reached there at 12.44pm as it was earlier stated. (trains here are really punctual) N wei chung was already there waiting for me. Thank you! Vincent on the other hand, was rushing up the stairs when we exited. We bumped into each other there.

First stop, we went for a stroll at the main street in ulm. They wanted to bring me to a restaurant serving schnitzel popular there, but the shop was closed. We ended up in Michelangelo Ristorante.


This beer called Radler is a common drink there. It tastes sweet somehow, unlike those beer we find in malaysia. Or malaysia has it? Ah, i don't know. I seldom drink.


My pasta! Long long german name which i've totally forgotten the name..ehe..



Me n vincent. He's so happy to see me eh?

After satisfying our appetite, we continued our explore in ulm. We took a lot of photos (with me in it) cuz according to vincent, photos without a person in it can be easily googled, that is - strictly prohibited. Anyway, some of the landmarks there include this pyramid which is actually a public library which both of them have never entered.




There was also an astronomical clock which people would stare for hours which i wonder why. I didn't want to take photos cuz i didn't particularly have any interest on it. But vincent said all visitors take photos of it. So i guess i should follow the norm?


We then went to Ulm Münster. It is the TALLEST CHURCH IN THE WORLD with a steeple containing 768 steps. And i, Lim Renly, set a record of reaching the top! Oooh, i've reached such great heights in my life!hehe..


Photos with Wei Chung n Vincent before our journey up. Upon reaching the top, we could view the city of Ulm in Baden-Württermberg and also Neu-Ulm in Bayern (another province).



Stufen means steps in German.

I can proudly announce that the whole trip going down, i wasn't afraid at all unlike the two guys with me.

Anyway, before i left Ulm, we went to Henry's Coffee World to pamper ouselves to some drinks. I ordered Caramel Macchiato.*woots*


That's my drink..hehe..

P/s: Vincent n Wei Chung paid for all my expenses there! Vincent even paid for my train ticket back to Esslingen. I cannot be more grateful considering that they spent the whole day accompanying me, n that the things there are super expensive. A simple meal can easily cost more than 10 euros @ rm50.

0 comments: