Monday, June 16, 2008

Inflation in Malaysia

I haven't been doing grocery shopping in M'sia for bout two months plus now, since my study break. And i had one with my housemates in Carrefour today.

For all i could remember, rice was priced at rm30sth. At least the one i bought was that price. N now it has shot up to rm49.90! When wen yi showed me the price of rice,
I can only say that my expression when i saw the price of rice was-->stunned + mouth open humongously.

That was a major shock i got. I also noticed price hike in some other things. Maybe the prise has risen steadily since a long time ago but i didn't realise. I dunno.

I remember canned sardin being priced at around rm3sth. Now it is rm5.50.

A tray of eggs size A used to be rm7sth. Now eggs type D (much smaller) is rm8.10.

I know the price of Peel Fresh has always been increasing. It used to be rm3.19, then 3.49, and i stopped buying when it got to rm3.89. Now, it is rm4.99.

N with the petrol price of rm2.70 per litre, how to survive in malaysia!!


0 comments: